Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Sacramento's Old Clown Loaches FOUND!

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@gte.net>
Date: Thursday, 13 August 1998, at 4:40 p.m.

I saw Stuart's post way below (26 May) about "Old Clown Loaches in Sacramento." I lived in Sacramento for a little while over 10 years ago. By far the best aquarium store in the city was "Capital Aquarium." It is simply one of the best fish stores I have *ever* visited! They have a 1,000 gal display aquarium with large fish in it. I remember a *huge* Ghost Knife, Geophagus jurupari, etc., and some Clown Loaches. Well for kicks, grins, giggles, and old time's sake, I just gave them a call. They *DO* have them! They have a school of six. Two of them are *at least* 40 years old and are approximately 16" in length. The other 4 are over 20 years. I've been told also that over at the Stenhardt (sp)Aquarium in S.F. they reportedly have/had a 30+ year old Clown Loach! ...and I thought mine were old at 11! Hahaha! :-D

Joe Loach

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1) is maintained by