Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Would a loach be happy in my tiny tank?

Posted By: Rachel <REL366@aol.com>
Date: Sunday, 30 May 1999, at 6:19 p.m.

Hi all!

I recently started a nice little 5 gallon aquarium with the works (filter, pump, etc). I have a male and female betta in there so far and was researching to find another fish or two to go in with them. I read somewhere that some species of loach are non-aggressive and docile and could live peacefully with bettas. Is this true? If so, what species would you recommend. Should I get 1 or 2? How long does it take for a 5 gallon tank to cycle and be stable for additional fish? On a side note, does anyone know anything about albino frogs? I have a well established 35 gallon tank with 5 tetras and 2 gouramis and wanted to add a frog or two. Do they require special food or an island to rest on, etc?

Thanks!! Rachel