Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

clown loach purchase

Posted By: Matrx <matrx_@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 3 June 1999, at 5:48 a.m.

Hey guys, Today I bought 3 small clown loaches from a local pet shop. They had been at the pet shop for quite a while so I was confident that they were healthy. Because my 5.5g quarantine tank is occupied by a couple mollies and a mystery snail I decided to add my clowns directly to my 65g (that has about 2 kribs, 10 barbs - mostly tiger, 5 cories, 2 ottos, and 2 rubbernose plecos). After reading all the stuff on ick I am kinda worried - Should I remove my clowns and put them in with my mollies (another reason why I didn't put them in my 5.5 was because I felt my 65g gets cleaned more often and better than my 5.5) or would this just add stress? I need reassurance - is there any preventative care that I can take? Any advice, reassurance, and suggestions are appreciated.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg