Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Update on new loaches

Posted By: Donna <vantreese@starcomm.net>
Date: Friday, 11 June 1999, at 12:21 a.m.

My 3 new clown loaches, each about 2-1/2 inches SL, are doing fine in their quarantine tank ... so far, so good ... no white spots or anything else yet. I put them in a 10-gal. instead of the 5-gal. so they wouldn't be so crowded. Sometimes their colors seem to fade a bit, but the next time I look the colors are deep again. Water temp is about 81 degrees F, and I'm using only 1 incandescent bulb (15-watts) for about 8-10 hours per day. In the tank are 3 fake plants, 2 flowerpot caves, a cup of gravel from the 55-gal. tank that will become their permanent home and a few small rocks, also from same tank. There's also several pieces of floating water sprite, so the tank seems very dim, even with the li