Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Clown Loaches With Wings???

Posted By: Allaya
Date: Monday, 17 August 1998, at 11:18 a.m.

Hello all! I hope at least one of you have encountered this problem: I've had my Clown Loaches for about six months, and love them dearly. One evening, I stroll down to my aquarium to watch them play, and I see that one of them has what I can only describe as wing-like protrusions coming from under each eye. I thought it was some sort of gill disease at first, but the protrusions were situated far from the gills. To be specific, they look like little translucent quarter-circles standing perpendicular to the loaches's "cheeks."

This morning, they were gone, as suddenly as they appeared. Is this some sort of defense mechanism I don't know about? Is there any cause for alarm? Please write soon!

Messages In This Thread