Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Update Kansas Loaches

Posted By: Donna Seidel <seideldd@webtv.et>
Date: Saturday, 12 June 1999, at 7:02 p.m.

Hi, a couple of weeks ago I posted a "sighting" of a new-to-me loach/ Petland in Kansas/ they had 3, 2 healthy, 1 emaciated. Now I have 3, the 2 healthy fish have added weight like crazy. They have thickened up in the body, but not really grown in lenght. The 1 emaciated fish has also put on weight but still looks unhealthy and thin, esp. the last half of it's body. The health fish show one and sometimes 2 eyespots just at the end of the caudle peduncle. The upper spot is more prominent. The dorsal and anal fins show stipes, faint, no real color. The dorsal at times looks almost speckeled rather that faintly striped. It is quite attractive. The ventral (pectoral?) fins have black in the first few rays. Noticeable when the fish is resting on the fins. The head- viewed from the front as the fish rests on the bottom and facing me, is be