Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

ID on Kansas Loach- maybe

Posted By: Donna Seidel <seideldd@webtv.net>
Date: Saturday, 19 June 1999, at 11:44 p.m.

Hello- I just checked out the new pictures on the species list/ the new-to-me loach I bought at the Petland here in Kansas looks most like Nemacheillus Olivaceus. Needs light stripes in the dorsal and tail fins, add a vertical, narrow dark blotch just about where the first set of fins (behind the gills- what is that fin set name?) inserts. Add more thickness in the girth. Two black dots, one above the other just in front of the tail fin.

Thanks for adding new pictures. Time to set them up in their own 10 gallon tank. Gravel, plants, a dish of sand, some driftwood, I'll see what they do with furniture.

Thanks again, now back to our fish. BTW, congrats on acquiring the name LOACHS.COM It will look good on a bumper sticker! Donna, no "handle" yet, in Kansas