Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Warning about Traps

Posted By: Anne Webel <anne.webel@village.uunet.be>
Date: Sunday, 20 June 1999, at 3:28 p.m.

Hi all,

I want to breed my cory cats so have set up an aquarium and Friday started to transfer from my main aquarium. Managed to get three of the cory cats out of the main aquarium using the trap method. No problem, straight into the newly set up, breeding tank. Maybe they went into the trap so voluntarily because I have done it before and they were none the worse. Whatever. I put the same trap into the small aquarium to get two out of that one. With all the plants it is much easier if the fish walk into a trap rather than chasing them with the net. By the time I went to bed nothing had walked in; so I left it in hoping to catch something in the night. Definitely a bad move as I found out next morning. One of my black kuhlis and one of the corys had indeed entered the trap and been unabl