Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

My HELP!! Clown loaches tail is\looks like it has been eaten

Posted By: Kyle Beatty <kbeatty@hockeymail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 22 June 1999, at 6:17 p.m.

K, heres my problem. My 1 year old clown loach (about 1.5 inches long) just cam down with Ich. I then treated my tank (because my other fish had ich too) with Noxich for 3 days like it said. Then I noticed alot of my clown loaches dying, (2 small ones out of the four I had died) when i went to look for my oldest and largest loach, it was laying on my gravel and the tail was all mangled and looked as though someone is eating it. Then i came back later, and more of the tail was missing. I thought someone might be eating it because he could be dying but he seems normal. I isolated him in a net in the tank and tail was ok but i don't think it improved at all, it may even have gotte