Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

nematode update (probably last - optimist)

Posted By: Dr. Momfish <alexp@idirect.com>
Date: Thursday, 24 June 1999, at 10:23 p.m.

It would appear that one dose of levamisole did the trick. No sight of any worms protruding from anywhere.

And now I have enough injectible to cure every nematode infestation in Southern Ontario! The 100ml bottle contains 130+mg/ml. It cost 23 canadian dollars, so make that 1/4 of a gold nugget pleco or one sidhimunki. I think it's worth it. Sure beats losing fish needlessly.

I've ordered a textbook on Tropical fish diseases and diagnoses by Edward Noga(I think I've got that spelled correctly) via the University of Guelph bookstore (they've got the ichthyology studies and the school of veterinary medicine in Ontario). It's a pricey tome, they just sold their last copy on the 17th of this month, so it seems the book is still in demand. There was an article in the July edition