Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Yo-Yo Loaches

Posted By: Downtown
Date: Sunday, 27 June 1999, at 6:44 p.m.

I came across some Yo-Yo loaches at my LFS today and I was looking for more information about them. As I understand it they are best kept in groups but what is the ideal size? Also what pH do they prefer? My local tap water is soft and I keep mostly softwater fish(Apistos, Kribs, Angels). I also have goldfish, swordtails, and guppies. What would be the ideal tank size for them(based on number of loaches purchased). Ideally they would go in my 33 gallon krib tank with lots of plants, rocks, and caves. My other choice would be my 15 gallon tank that has young angels, swords and guppies. At the moment I only have 2 tanks that have water with a pH of 7.0(23 gallon goldfish tank and 10 gallon tank with swordtails). I have another 23 gallon tank that I use for breeding my apisto's as well.

My tanks have a ph of 6.0 when left to themselves.

My reason for wanting them is simple. My girl friend liked them and it's the