Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Group of horsefaced loaches?

Posted By: Eric L. <Ciprinid@prodigy.net>
Date: Sunday, 27 June 1999, at 11:35 p.m.

I know most people might not think a tank devoted to horsefaced loaches interesting but I have had a single specimen for about 4 years now and I'm contemplating the purchase of 4 more.I consider this fish indestructible and I have heard similar testimony of their hardiness from other more experienced aquarists.I was contemplating housing them in a 20 gln. long with just a thin layer of fine sand on the bottom to permit easier viewing and capture.My single specimen seems pretty peaceful,only getting agressive when very hungry.When I worked in a pet store they always seemed peaceful during the day.Does any one have experience with these fish?Would the seemingly hardy nature of these fish make them a good candidate for a optimized breeding setup?When the Nigrofasciatus Barbs I had t