Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Fighting loaches

Posted By: Fishface_Jr <Fishface_Jr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 30 June 1999, at 6:20 p.m.

I just fed my fish today...normal diet. Tetramin flakes, bits, and Wardley's shrimp pellets. After about 3 minutes of feeding the loaches went to the bottom of the tank to look for scraps that were overlooked like normal. All of a sudden my little clown, a little over 2 inches started chasing around my bigger one, who is around 4 inches. This is normal except he was chasing him like he wanted to ram him or something. He caughtup to the bigger one when they swam in a rock cave. I heard a ton of clicking which is again strange for my loaches since they never click. After that the smaller loach came out being chased by the larger one. They both had all their fins completely erect. My clowns usually swim around with their dorsal fins and anal fins just flopping around, but this time they stayed stiff. Also thei