Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

sick clown loach??

Posted By: Rose <roseselene@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thursday, 1 July 1999, at 10:09 a.m.

Hello! I have four clown loaches in a 30 gallon tank along with zebra danio and serpae tetras. They have been living in this tank for around five months now with no problems whatsoever except the case of ich that they must have already had when i bought them. They are all quite active in the tank and haven't given me any idea that there is any problem. Recently I was taking a close look at them and I noticed that one of them has indentations just above where the stomach would be on both sides. kindof like he's malnourished or something. The other three don't look like this at all. We don't underfeed that I know of, .... we feed three times a day. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this, any hints, ideas, opinions, would be very much appreciated. Thanks!