Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Clowns Wrecking Plants.

Posted By: graham <graham.mitchell@orange.be>
Date: Wednesday, 7 July 1999, at 12:03 a.m.

Hi, I have a new adition to my loach tank ( 66 Gal) who is a 5" Clown. He is very different from the others and is not shy or timid at all. He fights with the biggest one (7") and there seems to be a bit of a power struggle going on. Lots of clicking and chasing around the rocks. After 2 weeks he has punched holes in my best plant which has long light green broad leaves. The problem is he has taught the others to do this as well. The smaller ones seem to have joined his 'gang' and they all hang out together leaving the bigger one and his medium sized (4") friend on their own. I caught him/her chewing the plant during the night without eating it. The plant is now a bit of a mess and I do not want to replace it with another if it's going to get the same treatment. Anyone