Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Oh joy! I've actually seen my hillstream loaches eating!

Posted By: Donna <vantreese@starcomm.net>
Date: Thursday, 8 July 1999, at 9:41 p.m.

For whatever it's worth to anyone, I actually saw my hillstream loaches aka Chinese butterfly pleco (gastromyzon species, anyway) EATING last night! I figured they were doing okay with algae and sinking tablets fed after dark, but was never sure what they were eating exactly. But last night, in semi-darkness while one was on the front of the glass, I slowly slid a Nutrafin Freeze-Dried Tablet down the glass and stuck it right in front of his nose. I recently purchased these for the first time (they contain krill, tubifex worms, shrimp meal, bloodworms, fish meal and more, etc., supposed to be for finicky eaters), mostly as a treat. Anyway, he went round and round the tablet, nibbling here and there. Then he (she?) would glide off into the darkness of the tank. Every time I checked back, one of them (I have 2, and of course have no idea if just one or both ate because I saw only one at a time) would be back at the tablet nibbling. It tickled me to no end.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index |