Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Levamisole question :)

Posted By: Rose <roseselene@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Friday, 9 July 1999, at 6:31 p.m.

Hello! I have the levamisole that i got to treat my clown loach. I got the injectable form. Before I do anything, I'd really like to confirm what I'm doing here instead of finding out too late that I'm doing it wrong. This is one clown loach of four in a thirty gallon tank- only the one is looking thin. Other fish are zebra danio and serpae tetras. The only isolation tank that i have available is a five gallon tank. my questions are -- 1) Is five gallon tank ok for an isolation tank? sort of small I guess, but I guess its temporary. 2) I'm going to slowly lower the pH of my water with SEACHEM acid buffer recommended by Dr. Momfish. My current pH is 7.6-7.7. Over what period of time is it safe to lower the pH to 6.6 without freaking out the fish? 3) In the FAQ - Dr. Momfish says 800 mg per