Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Sick dojo loach

Posted By: Loach lover <pamelasr@earthlink.net>
Date: Saturday, 10 July 1999, at 11:05 a.m.

This past week, I got a new dojo loach to add to the already establish tank of 4 dojos, 6 cory cats, 2 gold algae eaters, and 9 tetras. These fish had been in the tank (46 gallon with 1 tbsp of salt per 10 gallons of water, temp 75, pH 7)for sometime without any problems. Two days after I got the new loach, it was very sick, behaving oddly (swimming erratically, lying on its back) and it had several patches of reddish mucus on its face, dorsal fin and caudal fin areas. I promptly returned it to the fish store, and it has since died. Yesterday, on of other dojos began swimmimg erratically and had developed a reddish blush area on its face and barbels with a white fluffy looking substance on its mouth. I contacted the fish store and was informed to get a fungicide for the entire tank. The composition of the fu