Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

one missing, one dead

Posted By: Bethany <bethLsand@aol.com>
Date: Saturday, 10 July 1999, at 3:55 p.m.

Help! I went on vacation for a week and had a catastrophe in my fish tank! One clown loach is GONE (presumed dead) and another died last night. My third is alive, but loaded with ich. (The one that died last night had a HORRIBLE case of ich.) I had a friend dropping by every other day to feed them (he is a fishkeeper himself, so I don't believe he was overfeeding). The only thing I did differently was that I left the aquarium light off, because I thought having it on 24 hours a day would be too stressful. They get some natural light from the window, but not direct sunlight. Could this have caused the ich to go crazy? I cleaned the tank the day before we left, so the water was in good condition. Even when my clowns have gotten ich when I am home, they do not go downhill so fast. Anyone have any ideas? How