Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

New Clowns

Posted By: Doug <Douglastrexell@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 12 July 1999, at 1:04 p.m.

Big Question, I just got four good size Clown Loaches(about 3 and 1/2 inches each) about 10 days ago. They look very healthy(I'd almost call two of them fat.) but they don't seem to be eating at feeding time(once a day). I've offered flake, tubifex, shrimp pellets, and wafers, and I haven't seen the loaches do anything. They're still a little squirlley, getting used to the new surroundings, but when me and the missus sit back away from the tank, they venture out to play like good little children. Nobody is wasting away yet, but I'd feel more at ease if they pigged out like the other fish. And please don't tell me they've got worms. Also when I bought them, the lfs said they had them for about three months.

Messages In This Thread