Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Solved my Mystery Loaches

Posted By: Donna Seidel <seideldd@webtv.net>
Date: Tuesday, 13 July 1999, at 12:38 p.m.

About 2 months ago I posted a note about a new-to-me loach. I found the fish looking like Khuli loaches (in pattern) but having a body shape like Neimacheilus sp. I thought finally it most resembled Nemacheilus Olivascous. NOW, a few more weeks of hog happy feedings and clean water I think the fish are Zipper loaches. Especially the 3rd picture of the Zipper loach on this forum's species ID. That fat, happy little fish looks like the guys in my tanks.

What a difference 6 or 8 weeks makes in the shape and color of similar looking species.

I love all the pictures everyone is pointing us to. Thanks, and happy loaching everyone.

Bookworm, your loach is so tiny, it may change a lot in the next few weeks. :-) The mystery will continue for a while yet.

<