Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

LAY DOWN, FIDO!

Posted By: Juli <warnerjr@provide.net>
Date: Thursday, 15 July 1999, at 9:39 p.m.

Just an amusing story; we had guests to dinner and while in the kitchen, I heard whispers coming from the next room, where my friends were raptly watching the goings-on in the aquarium. I glanced over and made a comment that it was nice to see other people enjoying the tank as much as my husband and I did. Pause. Long pause...finally my girlfriend said "I don't know how to tell you this, but two of your fish are dead on the bottom." I calmly walked over to the tank and noticed that two of the modestas were indeed in the "dying cockroach" position- I then told her that we had actually trained the fish to do this (she believed me for a while) and proceeded to throw some food in the water. The modestas miraculously sprang to life and darted away!!! Good Fido!!!