Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re: New loaches

Posted By: BB <nettech@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Monday, 19 July 1999, at 2:25 a.m.

These are available from time to time (see link below to images here on LOL) and share the same body shape, feeding requirements and behavior for the most part. One exception that I think of seems to be this species lack of darting around the tank wildly on ocassion. The specimens I maintian have been no trouble to keep ...so far:) The fish were sold to me erroneously under the common name of panther loach. Peppered loach seems to be an accurate name tough. Not shy in the least imho but not quite as bold. Based only on what I know about the temperature requirements of simmilar species I keep the tank at 72 degrees. I was fearful of bacterial infections so I went the safe route:) Do not know if I have done the right thin