Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Update on "Golden Zebras"

Posted By: Nancy <naboden@aol.com>
Date: Thursday, 20 August 1998, at 3:50 p.m.

According to the manager(I think) at the store the golden zebras are botia histrianicus. He took about ten minutes and went and pulled the invoice from the wholesaler so he could give me the correct name. Now, I'm not sure that this hasn't added to my confusion. I have just spent some time looking at JD's pictures again, any even went back on this forum to July 17, when JD and Cinder were discussing this loach(only it ended with an "a" instead of "us"). So, since I don't have access to Baensch or Axelrod, which do I have?? By the way, I just bought 3 of them. They are about 2 1/2 inches long and thin bodied like my YoYos, but have more of a rounded head like the clowns. Any thoughts?? Thanks for your help!