Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re: treating parasites update and question

Posted By: Dr. Momfish <alexp@idirect.com>
Date: Tuesday, 20 July 1999, at 10:01 p.m.

In Response To: treating parasites update and question (Rose)

It'll take your clown a couple of weeks to show weight gain once he's parasite free. First his guts have to heal so they are absorbing food properly, then he should start to fill out.

You don't always actually see anything getting expelled. I did with my Heckel's cichlids and the apistogramma because they are/were in 10 gallon quarantine tanks, but not with the loaches and they were in truly truly awful shape. They looked like coathangers with skin pulled over them. Those took a month and a half to look absolutely healthy and normal. The Heckel's were treated 41/2 weeks ago and they've started to pack it on in the past week and a half. Help! They grow up to be very big fish (8 inches) and they are still babies. I think I have a challenge on my hands.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg |