Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Two Kuhli, or Not Two Kuhli?

Posted By: Dustin Evans <devans@naro.us.anritsu.com>
Date: Wednesday, 21 July 1999, at 3:37 p.m.

Hi, I was wondering if someone out there could help answer a question of mine. I recently added two loaches to my aquarium. The pet store I purchased them from said that they were Kuhli's, but I find that hard to believe because everywhere else I look says that Kuhli's are orange and black striped. Mine are solid colored, as were all others in the tank they came from. The color is kind of a greyish-brown. They do spend most of their time on the bottom of the tank and are very worm-like creatures. They are currently about 2 to 3 inches in length. Are kuhli's born without color, to develop it later? Or are these simply not Kuhli's? Does anybody have an idea on what they might be, or what the case may be? Thanks