Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Killing Kuhlis

Posted By: Rick
Date: Thursday, 22 July 1999, at 9:36 a.m.

I moved 2 of my Kuhli Loaches to my son's 10 gal tank for bottom cleaning duties, all went well for the first 3 weeks. They seemed healthy, active and they were eating. One morning, one of the Kuhlis was VERY pale, listless and he wouldn't eat, but his buddy as well as the rest of the fish in the tank seemed fine. I immediately tested the water conditions, everything was fine, but we did a 25% water change anyway. The ill Loach died later that day. About a week later, the other Loach turned pale, just like the first one did before he died. I moved him to my (currently empty) Betta breeding tank and all of his color has now returned. I have no intentions of returning him to my son's tank until I figure out what's killing Khuli loaches in that tank. Any ideas?

The other tank inhabitants are 1 Male Betta, 1 African D