Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re: kuhli and dojo loaches

Posted By: Nicki <Nickiw@aol.com>
Date: Thursday, 22 July 1999, at 1:52 p.m.

Hi Pam,

Kuhlise and dojos are mainly nocturnal but they can be active during the day. My dojo are certainly active quite a lot during daylight. I have found kuhlise to be more timid than dojo who will come to the surface and eat out of your hand. I think if there is plenty of cover in the tank then the fish, including loaches, will feel more secure and so may be more likely to venture out during the day. But saying that if there is more cover they may just stay hidden! I would say that having plenty of cover as well as open spaces should encourage them out, once they have settled into the tank.

Feeding time is a good time to see them - if you feed at the same time every day they will get to kn