Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Clown Death.

Posted By: Bob <bellinibob@aol.com>
Date: Thursday, 22 July 1999, at 5:53 p.m.

Help! Just got in from work to find one of my large clown loaches dead and floating.Its the first clown loach I've lost in almost 8 years! The clown in question seemed healthy enough and showed no sign of disease. It is only 6 years old and approx 5" long. I cant understand what it died of. The water quality is fine - has been for 10 years now. The only change recently was a tank move about a week ago - this required almost full water change , but replacement water was tested fine. Also I added an oddity fish from the Mormyridae family - exact member not known although it is similar to Mormyrus lacerda. This fish gets on fine with the loaches and swims with them etc. Could it have introduced something adverse? As i said there are n