Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Question From The Atlas.

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@gte.net>
Date: Friday, 21 August 1998, at 5:15 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Mystery Fish FURTHER INFO (martin thoene)

I picked up a copy of the Atlas from our public library. Nice it wasn't on the reserve shelves, so I could take it home. Viewed the pic and also JD's link. I've seen the fish (on JD's link) offered for sale in Seattle some years back. It was rather expensive at the time (30-$40?), so I didn't pick it up. Beautiful fish though! So, I've never owned it and know next to nothing about it. I still would guess that it might be an algae-skum-small bugger-eater. I couldn't read anything on the link JD gave. It was all jumbled. I'll try again later.

Hmmm. Looking at the top of page 637, I think I see a mistake? The fish pic there shows what looks like a very young Skunk Loach (B. morleti), and not a very young B. hymenophysa. Young Skunk Botias have vertical stripes and lose them as they mature.

Joe Loach

Messages In This Thread