Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Sick clowns better!

Posted By: Lesley Meier <Tsiroth@home.com>
Date: Tuesday, 27 July 1999, at 3:47 p.m.

Well, the last time I posted about this, I had done 10 gal water change Thursday night, and 10 gal water change Friday night. I tested the water for ammonia on Saturday (0.0) and Sunday (reading between 0.0 and 0.25). During this time, the ammonia poisoned clown that remained in the large tank was improved, and the sick clown that I moved was doing better still than the fish which didn't get moved. Last night I did another 10 gal water change, and then moved the (much less) sick clown along with his buddy back into the big tank. The result was impressive. The two ammonia poisoned clowns had been improving, but once all five clowns were back in the tank together, they all perked up visibly, and all five of them ate a ton and are schooling around the tank. The two which were poisoned still have slightly labored