Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Botia striata - help needed

Posted By: Alistair <amckerr@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 28 July 1999, at 5:31 a.m.

There I was at my local Pet World and I noticed an unusual loach about 2.5inches long and very stripey in a tank of Yo-Yos. On closer inspection I thought I recognised it as a striata and just had to have it. As expected no-one there recognised it and sold it to me as a yo-yo at the princely sum of 1.79UKP (ignorance has its uses). Now after several visits to the a) kitchen sink and b) my carpet (as the wee sod kept jumping out of the big jug I was using before I figured out a way to use my large net to keep him in), he is in my Q tank for the next 3 weeks. The question is how many do I need at minimum? I don't really have anymore room in my main tank for a school of them, but I don't know if I will see them again (this is the first time I have seen them in my part of the world).