Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Loach eggs?

Posted By: Jessica <jess@ak.net>
Date: Thursday, 29 July 1999, at 11:13 p.m.

I got a Yoyo Loach today. After I got it home, and it had sat in the bag for awhile I let it out into the water, and noticed something floating on top. It was kind of transparent, and slimy looking. It was like gelatin. Of course, assuming it was some junk from the pet shop I scooped it out of the tank with my net, and proceeded to wash the net out in the sink, and the stuff stuck to it. A lot of the goo went down the drain, then I thought....maybe this is Loach eggs. So, I'm asking, was it loach eggs? Did I make the terrible mistake of flushing loaches down the drain? Or, if it wasn't eggs, what was it? Will the eggs that are left survive after being run under tap water, if it is eggs? Please help! Email me, jess@ak.net, if at all possible. Or