Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Any experiences with Stress Coat?

Posted By: Juli <warnerjr@provide.net>
Date: Friday, 30 July 1999, at 6:50 p.m.

I have always used Stress Coat, by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, whenever adding new fish or doing partial water changes. The label says that it contains Aloe Vera to promote healing of the fish's natural slime coat. The label also has two dosage instructions- one states to add two teaspoonfuls for each 10 gallons to help repair damaged skin and fins, the second instruction is to add one teaspoon for each 10 gallons to remove chlorine,etc. etc. Does this make sense to anyone? I would like to know why you cannot just use the two-teaspoon dose for all purposes. The label does not give a list of ingredients, nor does it state that harmful levels could build up over time. Please shed some light on this for me!!!

Thanks, Juli

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.