Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Yo Yo Loaches

Posted By: Philip Shum <pshum@cipid.com>
Date: Monday, 2 August 1999, at 3:17 a.m.

Hi,

Recently I purchased four yo yo. Within a month, three of them are dead. When I picked them at the fish shop, they all looked round. Some of their tankmates looked quite thin, and I did not buy them. I put them in my discus tank which also contains panda cory, matae cory, clown loaches, keyhole cichlids and dwarf gourmia. The tempurature of the tank is 85F. Ammonia concentration is quite low. The pH is around 6.0 but I am not sure. Last night I changed one third of the water. Therefore the pH should go up. Tonight one of the yo yo is dead. There are no outward sign of disease. They all ate quite well. Diet includes spirulina flakes, blood worm, and brine shrimp. No other tankmates die. Please help.

Philip

Messages In This Thread