Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

clown loach distribution

Posted By: Phil Mathias <philipmathias@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 24 August 1998, at 12:22 p.m.

I live in Thailand and keep 4 clown loaches. Their unflattering Thai name translates as the Indo-chinese Pig. This seems strange to me since Borneo and Sumatra are not part of what has been called Indo-China. Also my wife swears that Clowns are common in the vicinity of her village in the North-East of Thailand and taste great. We'll be going up there next month so I'm going to check this out (if they're really Clowns, not how they taste). Anyone with any authoritative information here?

My Clowns came down with white spot a couple of times the first few weeks I had them but overcame this in a couple of days without treatment.

Clowns are comparatively expensive in Thailand - about $3-4 US each. My wife thought I was crazy paying that much for a fish she can find in her vil