Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Clown Loach looking beat up

Posted By: Sebastian <zsnatcher@aol.com>
Date: Thursday, 5 August 1999, at 12:00 p.m.

I have 3 clown loaches all about 2-3 inches long. Recently I have noticed one of my clown Loaches looks thin compared to the others. Two of by clowns have belly's that go beneath their mouth, the other one is much skinnier. The skinny one also has a very raggedy anal fin, it looks like has been sliced horizontally like >. This clown also sometimes swims straight up for hours and some time an other clown will come up to be with him/her and messes with his/her back fin, I am not sure if he is biting it thow. The back fin is also compressed down like if he/she is sad and is also raggedy. I also have 4 coolie loaches and 1 angelfish in the 20 gallon tank. I have seen the angel fish starring down the clown fish when he is inactive (maybe thinking he died or just hungry) and just tappin