Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

botia (?) ID: please help

Posted By: Marianne <mperdomo@geocities.com>
Date: Sunday, 8 August 1999, at 12:24 a.m.

Hello!

I have just been given somebody's tank with some inhabitants in it. These include 2 fish that have a typical botia body (at least it looks to me like that) and have some Y-markings on the top. I would be very grateful if you could help me ID them before I decide what to do with them (add them to one of my existing tanks or give them their own). I will try to describe them a bit more:

- body shaped like a Botia's - they have some unclear Y-shapes at the top that reach almost their belly. They are "drawn" in a very dark grey-brown colour and filled in with a lighter grayish colour. Body background colour is a very light grey or cream tone.

YoYo can not be read as some sites suggest for a B. Lohachata but then another site mentions their being very variable. T