Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Mystery Fish

Posted By: Lesley Meier <tsiroth@home.com>
Date: Saturday, 7 August 1999, at 6:08 p.m.

A friend of mine saw a fish in a pet store a few months ago and we are trying to identify it. I have very little info to go on but thought one of you fishy folks might be familiar with the fish anyway. She is sure that the fish was about four inches long, gray, and looked remarkably like a tiny _dolphin_. She's not comletely sure that the tail was dolphin shaped, but she is quite sure that it had kind of a "bottle nose" like a dolphin. She's also sure it was a fresh water fish. I've shown her pictures of rainbow sharks, cory cats, and clown loaches, just so she can compare the body shape, and she says the fish was not really shaped like any of those. This has really piqued my curiousity, so if anyone has any ideas, please lemme know. :)

--- Lesley