Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Gravid Kuhli...

Posted By: FireEel <FireEel@webtv.net>
Date: Monday, 9 August 1999, at 6:21 a.m.

I just recently acquired 6 young discus, which I put into a 29 gal. that had originally held other fish and still had 3 clowns and a flyng fox. Prior to getting the discus and did several large water changes and turned the temp. up slightly. After getting the discus, which I have now had for 11 days I have found that I have to have the temp up to 88-90F to keep the little discus happy. I was checking everyone up close and personal with a flashlight when I noticed in one cave my kuhlies which I have seen so infrequently in recent months I have forgotten were in the tank too.

One kuhli is black and the other standard tiger stripe. I noticed that the striped one looked kind of fat/swollen along the underside, and what really caught my eye was the greenish tinge to this area. I thought could she possibly be full of eggs. Wel