Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Lemon Tetra update

Posted By: Wintek <wintek@aol.com>
Date: Monday, 9 August 1999, at 11:59 p.m.

Hello

May 19th I introduced 9 lemon tetra's into my 60 U.S. gallon planted tank. May 23rd I returned 3 fish, all alive, with obvious problems that I can't remember. In the days prior and after adding these fish I had done a major pruning in the tank. May 29th the first lemon tetra died. June 5th a cardinal tetra died. At this point I'm wondering what is wrong other than stress associated with moving fish. June 7th my pH is mysteriously low, and the lemons are freaking. I start adding baking soda instead of water changes because at the same time copper is being added to the water resivour to kill off algae. On June 19th I find many spherical lumps in the body cavity of a dead cardinal tetra. Didn't record date of same for lemon tetra. June 29 copper clears tap water, resume 50% 50/50 tap water/purified water changes. Didn't record last cardinal tetra death with