Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Tank Temperature Questions

Posted By: Wight <Wight@mindspring.com>
Date: Tuesday, 10 August 1999, at 12:15 p.m.

I've had a tank a few months now, yadda. In the room where I am, where my computer is, etc -- it gets a bit hot, even with a fan added to the room to combat this problem. My tank today was noted at 86F. This is too hot for four of my 6 different species, and at the maximum temp suggested for my remaining two. My tank is regularly 82 F (acceptable for three species) or so, and my fish have lived in it for several months like this. Still, I question if this is not unnecessary stress for the fish, if in pet stores I purchased them from I note they also made no special provisions for these species preferred temperatures.

1. Are "tame" fish not as concerned with temp?

I just question if my "cold" fishes have *ever* been in a tank that was really in their appropria