Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Dwarf Loach/Chained Loach

Posted By: kiss my fish <rpaul@isearch.com>
Date: Tuesday, 10 August 1999, at 3:16 p.m.

I went yesterday to pick out a new loach for my tank (as some of you know I had to put down my dojo last Friday) and the owner of the store showed me the Dwarf/Chained Loaches(Botia sidthimunki)of which he had a few adults. He said this species was now "extinct" since the only source was some guy in Thailand's pond and he drained it and put up a building. He says now there is no source to get them. Anyone heard of this, or have an alternative source I could let him know about?

As an aside, I picked out another dojo...gotta admit I'm a sucker for them...but this one is different. My last one was brown with spots, which is the only color I've seen them in the pics on this site, but the one I'm getting is gold-colored. He actually has 3 young gold-colored ones...one solid and two with markings behind the head. I'm getting one with the markings. Anyone seen this before? For sure it's a dojo, right? It looks like it except the color.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread