Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Oh man....where did I go wrong?

Posted By: Fishface_Jr <Fishface_Jr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, 10 August 1999, at 7:10 p.m.

I was watching my 20 gallon tank tonight, and my gold gourami male (5 incher) was swiming around as usual and all of a sudden started trying to leap out and hit the glass several times...I couldn't stop him in time and his swim bladder went wacko and he layed down on the bottom and died. What did I do wrong? Could it be that his urge to build a nest for the big female in there(4.5 inches)was so great that when he couldn't because of the powerhead, he went psycho from all the stress? Hmmm...I would think it was aereation, but since he is a labrynth fish I wouldn't know. Is there any name for this disease where a fish suddenly goes crazy??? I have had it happen once before in my tank, two years ago on Christmas eve I woke up and heard splashing and my gold angel th