Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

heeh heh ...funny Dave

Posted By: BB <nettech@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tuesday, 10 August 1999, at 11:40 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Dwarf Loach/Chained Loach (Dave Guest)

only when I heard that one it was in reffrence to the blue eyed plec:) True enough tough ..take it all with a grain of salt;)

There is an importer/transhipper (Ken Childs) who has donated many of the pictures in the species archive here and also contributed to discussions. When the sids resurfaced he did mention that the exporter who held the lions share of the sidthimunki was going out of business. The stock did not reproduce as expected. I belive Ken also indicated that the cause for some of the larger specimens being imported might be that perhaps they were former breeding stock being sold off. Not extinct, per say but enough of a difference in arrivials to make it appear that way I suppose. So there is another story:) I'll let you know when mine breed;P Keeping a positive outlook:)

On the dojo morph; There is a golden morph of the common weather loach available for sale. Not new to the hobby, as I found out but still a nice find imho. Several folks here have them as I recall, and there are many posts that mention them in the archive ..all we need is a picture to add to the archive:)

Just some thoughts:) BB

Messages In This Thread