Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

playful en lively, but not growing

Posted By: Sietske Tol <Sietske.Tol@minbzk.nl>
Date: Thursday, 12 August 1999, at 5:27 a.m.

About 6 weeks ago I bought drie clown loaches of about the size of a little finger.They are beautiful light orange with almost red fins and with black stripes. They almost seem to glow. They are playful and lively, look healthy, but are nearly not growing. I feed all kinds of food and except for dry flakes they seem to enjoy everything. They seem a bit shy. At feeding time my other fish (mollies, swortails en platies always eat first. The clowns eat what is left or what drops down. They are not effective in grasping the food. The others are much quicker. Sometimes I think they need spectacles.... Sometimes a clown chases another fish that is trying to get some food. The chase is always in vain. They simply do not seem to see how much food there is still