Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Clown Loach Question??

Posted By: Spook <SpookyMark@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 12 August 1999, at 8:07 a.m.

Hi Loach people, I am setting up a 55 Gallon plant tank but have a little quarantine 10 gallon set up for quarantineing some new inhabitants 4 Emerald Brochis, 1 Angel, 1 Pictus cat, and 3 Clowns. Well I bought the Clowns sunday they had been and they had been in the tank for several weeks. They all looked skittish but some had paler coloring. I just thought they were stressed from travel but then realised they had been in the tank for a long time since I had seen them in there 5 weeks before. Here are the discription from the trio the store guy caught for me.

1. The biggest and healthiest looking. He is very healthy and eating well. 2. He is quite playful but a lot paler. 3. He is half the size and hides under a rock. He is also pale.

My question is do these guys have internal parasites or do they just need a healthy Aquarium enviroment and some TLC? Please help me save these guys as I love they a lot and they cost me $8 USD.

Messages In This Thread