Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

death of a clown

Posted By: john
Date: Saturday, 14 August 1999, at 1:46 p.m.

I have just bought a new clown to make my numbers odd as i belive this is correct. I bought it on thursday and it looked perfect in the shop and looked perfect in the tank.About 2 hours after i got it home it started swimming funny.What i mean it swam in a u shape.I figured it was unsettled and thought it would settle down. I returned home from work and found it had expired was i pi##ed off or what.I could find not outward signs of disease or infection the only thing i found was the dorsal fin was a bit ragged(but i put this down to my cat fish after death). What really got me going was the attitude of the shop staff.They told me that my tank was either to hot or too cold,too much food all manner of excuses.When i asked for either refund or another fish they point blank refused. The shop was the one attached to