Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re: Naming fish, bubbles, and other idiosyncracies...

Posted By: Juli <warnerjr@provide.net>
Date: Sunday, 15 August 1999, at 9:44 a.m.

In Response To: Update/Re: New Fish Tank Considerations/Questions (Wight)

Well, the first thing that springs to mind is the fact of fish doing whatever the heck their internal clock tells them to...changing color (AAAAARgh-I just learned to tell them apart!!!!!), laying on their sides (REALLY, it's a talent), or burying themselves to their tailfins on the bottom (WHERE did it GO???) I think this is one of the reasons so many people find loaches so fascinating. And of course, when some people get attached to something, it gets named. OH-come on- you guys KNOW what I'm talking about with your first car!

OK...IN MY EXPERIENCE...I need to read these posts more often! No, really, about the air pump- Yes, this is what I have going on my 70 gallon cichlid/modesta tank. I just have one pump and the valve allows me to turn off the flow to a particular area if need be, or I have the option of adding a third airline if I would need to in the future.

And lastly, THANKS for the lfs goddess reference- I'll take this as a compliment- goddess anything can't be bad, can it? But, Juli is my real name, thank good ol' Mom and Dad for that one!

Juli

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with