Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (1)

Re:Botia Eos or is it?

Posted By: Gry <grydolva@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 16 August 1999, at 7:47 a.m.

I posted a message on the forum a couple of months ago, where I tried to find out the species-description of my new loach, and now I think I know: The shop finally had several others of the same kind out for sale, labeled "rainbow-labeo" (?!). I pleeded for the fish encyclopedia that most stores keep under the counter, and looked up botia modesta. There it was! I remember that somebody suggested that back in june: Good guess!

So now that I know I have a botia modesta, reaching 13-14cm at time writing, should I consider buying more of them to keep him company? (I bought 3 botia macracantha last thursday!! I don't think my tank can take more of those going-big-fish!) His aggressiveness is OK, my b.morletis are worse;-)

Gry